To be honest, I really really hate writing an “about” page. I never know what to say. I have no idea what anyone wants to know, so I guess I will try to answer what I like to learn about people, in bullet points cause they are faster and seem succinct, but I am too random for that.
- Big question first: Why did you create this site? I am a creative, for better or worse, and I wanted to have a place where I can post all my personal stuff – photos and videos of my family that aren’t what I would call my professional highlights, but they are the most important record I keep.
- What is UP with your slideshow on this page? Yeah, this is just the perfect example of the crazy that I live in.
- Cool, but where are you located? I am from the Pacific Northwest, born and raised, and have lived within a 30 mile radius of the home I grew up in. This included my college years (go Dawgs!), two apartments, three houses, a husband, two kids and *almost* two dogs worth of living (we are getting a puppy soon!).
- Blah Blah, what is more interesting that you can tell people? I used to make fun of my mom for being a crazy gardener and would mercilessly pop open all her new fuschia blooms when I was growing up. Little did I know I would totally turn into her and have a huge beautiful garden of my own and with two little boys, well, karma is a bitch.
- Uh huh … something else? I grew up playing soccer competitively and after 36 years I still hit the pitch every Friday night for stress relief and then drinks with friends afterwards.
- What did you want to be when you grew up? My childhood dream was to be a writer and photographer for National Geographic. I still love to write, though I would say I write with a stream of conscious on our daily lives & one of my good friends who IS a writer probably groans every time I write anything. I still love photography and know it is an art I will always chase and never master.
- What did you actually do? My previous career included 14 years at Microsoft where I worked on the advertising side in marketing/release readiness team for search. There were months during launch where I only went home to sleep a few hours and shower. Good thing I was single.
- Need more random now: I have known my husbands best friends longer than he has (we all went through middle/high school together, he didn’t meet them until college).
- Thoughts on your kids? My two little boys show me the best and worst of myself in everything THEY do. It is amazing how children reflect their parents in so many ways. Sometimes I don’t like having a mirror shoved in front of me.
- What’s uniquely you? I honestly don’t know my real hair color. I started using Sun In at 13 and it went downhill from there. Now I match the seasons – dark in winter, light in summer. Plus “HOLIDAY HAIR!”
- Finishing thoughts? I am at a point in my life where I am purging things that no longer fulfill me or bring me happiness – be it people, things, whatever. Life is too short and I want to spend it in a way that is meaningful to me.
Okay, I think that give you enough of an idea. Unless you have a burning question you want to ask (then ask away).