May 11, 2015
Every Spring our pond needs a good cleaning from the winter storms where trees drop needles, leaves and whatever else in. Plus usually with the warmer weather algae starts to grow. Weeeellll… we had a warm winter around here. And a warm spring. And frogs in our pond. I didn’t want to clean it knowing there were tadpoles in there, but I finally got to a point where I could not handle it anymore. I had to turn the pump off because water couldn’t make it through the filters it was so clogged. And there was a green kelp-like algae on everything. It was disgusting. I mean, really really really disgusting.
So todays photo story is the transformation it underwent from Sunday to Monday. I got it cleaned out and going on Sunday, but Monday morning the flow of the waterfall was down to about half of what it had been the day prior. So there was a leak somewhere … I walked the perimeter of it and finally found where it was slowly seeping out at the side of the stream. Propped up a few rocks on the underside of the liner to contain the water and voila! Pond is clean, running strong and I have the satisfaction of knowing I did it and didn’t have to ask Jeremy for some help!