Today is my 35th birthday – oh how time does fly. As I was feeding Gavin early this morning, I thought it would be interesting to note some of the things I have observed over my life so far. This is just a quick list prior to running Jeremy to the airport – please feel free to comment any of your life observations below!
- Remove “never” from my vocabulary. For instance, “My child would never behave like that” Yeah. Hello terrible two’s where the devil controls your kid. “I would never let a baby cry.” Sure you would – if you have another one crying in pain and needed attention first. “I would never wear socks with sandals.” Okay, I need to modify this to removing most instances of never in my vocabulary.
- If someone says something offensive or hurtful to you, more than likely they did not intend it. Marriage has taught me this one (going both ways – I have been hurt and done the hurting) and more often than not the intention was absolutely not to hurt, but rather what was said wasn’t thought through completely. I try to give the benefit of the doubt more often than not.
- Focus on accessorizing when you are having a fat day/week/month/year/life. When your jeans are too tight, put your attention on shoes and purses. Why do you think women can never have enough shoes or purses??
- Laugh lines are a sign of living life and having character, they are not a flaw.
- Your experiences change everything – I give myself the right to negate these observations at any point in time, especially with regards to laugh lines.
Okay, I have to run. I may have more to add later when I have more time!