Yesterday was Gavin’s one month birthday. HOW DID THAT HAPPEN? The last four weeks have been insane (to say the least). And we are crazy. But more on that later. Right now, here is my list of wonderful Gavin things:

      • HE SLEEPS! That is my number one favorite thing and what I am most thankful for. We usually get one 4-5 hour stretch and another 3 hour stretch each night. Every so often there is a slip up in there, but for the most part, I am not a walking zombie!
      • He has such a strong grip – he grabs your finger and it is bone crushing.
      • LOVE his smile! It is so sweet and lights up his entire face and I swear that he is smiling in response to you now.
      • The poor little guy has had a lot of trouble adjusting to formula (I am still supplementing him with 1-2 ounces after I feed him). Twice he has gone five days without a bowel movement. This week I tried Soy formula that he proceeded to puke up on us after each feeding. And it wasn’t spit up, it was full on losing all that he just ate. I think we may have gotten into a good pattern now and his tummy has adjusted to the “sensitive” formula. Thank goodness, because he has some serious stinkiness coming from him. This is just the beginning with two boys I am sure…
      • We stopped pinning his arm last week and I am hoping that his muscle development on the left starts to catch up with the right. He isn’t a huge fan of tummy time (I don’t know many infants who are), but we are working on it.
      • He definitely lets you know when something is up now – he has a good set of lungs on him, but there is always a reason when he cries.
      • His eyes could still go either way … in some light they look a really dark grey, in some they look like they might be brown. It is going to be interesting to see where they land.
      • He is SUCH a good baby and I am so thankful for that. It’s still a bit too early to tell personality on him, but so far I would say he is still mellow 90% of the time and the other 10% he let’s you know what’s up!

      I have been trying to take photos and will get some posted after this weekend (we are jam packed with Mark’s 40th Birthday celebration on Saturday and then Easter on Sunday).

      SHARE
      COMMENTS

      Archives